ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Woodbury postman's 5k charity ride target to help Izzy to walk again

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Woodbury postman's 5k charity ride target to help Izzy to walk again

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.midweekherald.co.uk/news/woo ... _1_4504478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
Cycling duo, Bob Skelly and Andy Bennett, will be cycling to raise money for Help Izzy Walk campaign.

Andy Bennett, 36, is cycling 960 miles from John O’Groats to Land’s End for his cousin Michael’s daughter, Izzy.

Izzy has cerebral palsy, a condition that affects her movement and co-ordination.

Cerebral palsy is caused by problems in parts of the brain responsible for controlling muscles. The condition can occur if the brain develops abnormally or is damaged, before, during or shortly after birth.

Her family needs to raise £80,000 in total, so Izzy can go to America for treatment.

Andy, of Critchards, said: “The operation would give Izzy freedom and stop her walking around like a toddler, as she does at the moment. She loves to sing and dance.

“I will be thinking of her on the journey. She is at Newquay Hospital. The family has raised £20,000 so far through a lot of activities they have done down in Cornwall. I am looking to raise £5,000 to do my part. All I ask is for people to donate generously.

“I am doing the journey with my friend, Bob. We are both cycling novices, so we recognise that this will be a challenge.

“I am so glad Bob Skelly is coming with me, so we can motivate each other along the way.

“I currently go to spinning classes at seven in the morning. I go out in the afternoons and, with the lighter nights, I want to go out more in the evenings. I’ve even be riding out on Dartmoor when it’s been horrible. I only bought the bike back in January.”

The 36-year-old revealed he has received a lot of donations from businesses from Exmouth, which have even agreed to provide accommodation for him and Bob.

Andy expressed his thanks to all of his sponsors for their support.

He added: “I’m looking for a change of career. I have been a postman for 18 years, but I’m also an apprentice plumber a couple of times a week.”

If you would like to donate to Andy’s campaign, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... lpizzywalk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.