ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman rescued eight pet rabbits

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman rescued eight pet rabbits

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk/news/Po ... dd0eba8-ds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

A RABBIT rescue mission was carried out by a passing postman as water rose around their hutch.


Eight rabbits were pulled from flood water by postman Jonty Halcrow, after a burst water main caused chaos.

Owner Susan McAvoy, of Westmorland Road, Hensingham, had just returned from walking her dogs when she noticed her flooded garden.

As she battled to keep the dogs safe, Jonty waded into the water and lifted the rabbits out one by one.

She said: “I’d gone to walk my dog, I was only out 25 minutes. It was a lovely, sunny day but the water mains burst and flooded my garden.


“I managed to get the dogs out but there was nearly 2ft of water, it was quite horrendous.

“I was panicking, they’re only tiny but the postman waded straight in.

“He only had trainers on as well, he did a grand job. I just didn’t expect it.”

Four of the rabbits are only babies and, when water rose to the top step of the porch, Susan feared the worst.

But, thanks to Jonty, the rabbits are now safe and dry and the mains problem has been fixed.

“I’m just glad they didn’t drown. I just kept thinking people have had it much worse with flooding in their homes,” said Susan.

“I gave him some money to say thank you, and to get himself some new trainers.

“A neighbour offered him some trainers to carry on his round but he said ‘No, I’ll be alright, I’m always drenched’.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.