https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2016 ... s-posties/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Dundee residents have faced more than a year of confused taxi drivers and post being sent to the wrong address — all because there are no street signs.
Work was carried out by the Home Group 18 months ago to erect new metal fencing around homes, just off Berwick Drive in Whitfield.
The work, to replace the rotting wooden fencing, has been completed — but a number of street signs in the area have not been replaced.
Linda Groves, 66, has been left “baffled” by the length of time since her street — The Poplars — has had a sign with its name on it.
There are also two other streets in the area, she says, that have not had their signs replaced.
The retired energy management advisor told the Tele: “One of the other streets, The Spruces, had its fencing replaced at the start of March this year and have already had the street sign re-erected.
“I was advised by Home Group in January that there had been a mix-up at the council with the street signs and they had to reorder them. However, here we are in late March and my street and two others are still waiting18 months after the work was carried out.
“Royal Mail is generally fine because they are familiar with the area but we have had other deliveries from parcel vans who have then advised their depot that there is no such street.
“I had another incident where I was advised to attend Ninewells Hospital.
“It was not an emergency by any stretch but I was advised to come up via taxi to casualty.
“After a period of time elapsed, I looked out my window and saw a taxi going back and forth outside my street.
“When I approached the driver, he said he was here to collect me but he couldn’t find my street.
“Fortunately, in my case, it was not life threatening but what if we had a situation that was?”
A Dundee City Council spokesman said: “We are looking into this.”
A spokesman for Home Group said: “The signs are the responsibility of the council and we have been in contact with them to request these on behalf of the residents. We will continue to work with the council to get this resolved.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dundee - Anger As Missing Signs Spark Confusion For Taxis And Posties
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dundee - Anger As Missing Signs Spark Confusion For Taxis And Posties
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.