ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Support Paul's triathlon challenge

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Support Paul's triathlon challenge

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cwu.org/media/news/2016/marc ... challenge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Can Paul Kennedy row for three kilometres, run for 10 and ride for 40? On March 29th, our CWU midlands divisional rep will be attempting this feat to raise money for a severely disabled colleague.

Image

When Birmingham Branch chair Paul Maloney and his wife were hit by a car last September, so severe were his injuries that he was in a coma for over a month.

Following treatment in an intensive NHS orthopaedic centre, Paul is now in a nursing home while adjustments are made to his own home.

Paul is determined to resume work and continue representing Birmingham CWU members – who have recently re-elected him as branch chair.

Paul Kennedy explains: “We’re all equally determined to do everything we possibly can to ensure he achieves his goal, and we’re raising money to help towards the cost of specialised equipment and home alterations that Paul will need going forward.

“That’s why I’m in training for my triathlon challenge – it’s going to be an indoor event, using a rowing machine, treadmill and exercise bike and I’m targeting 3k, 10k and 40k respectively.”

Mr Kennedy has not competed in a triathlon before, but has been in training over the past couple of months and is confident of completing the course.

Image

“I’ve played cricket but I haven’t really done athletics,” he says, “but I’m raring to go and I’m going to push through the pain barrier for our mate Paul.”

The big event is taking place at Birmingham CWU Branch Conference Room at 1.30pm on 29th March and the branch is inviting members, friends and supporters to come along and support the sponsored challenge – tea, coffee and cake is promised to visitors.

”Please come along on the day. It’ll be a fun event with a serious purpose, and please visit: https: http://www.gofundme.com/gqm8mnz2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to make a donation,” urges Mr Kennedy.

For further information, contact Steve Reid, Birmingham CWU Branch secretary on 0121 503 4661 or 07870 743592 or reid@gmail.com
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.