http://www.meltontimes.co.uk/news/local ... -1-7226266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Villagers gathered to say a special thank you to their long-serving village postman who hung up his post bag after delivering their mail for more than 20 years.
Brian Robson (65) worked for Royal Mail for 42 years, serving Hoby and surrounding villages for over 20 of those years.
Brian’s round covered Hoby, Ragdale, Six Hills, Shoby and Grimston. When he first started at Royal Mail he’d be at work for 3.40am and finish his deliveries by about 11am. Royal Mail changes saw his working pattern change over the last 18 months or so, with Brian doing his eight hours from 7am to 3pm.
Brian, who retired on New Year’s Eve, was recently reunited with the grateful villagers he served for so many years who wanted to say thank you at a presentation held at the Blue Bell in Hoby.
Nicola Wheeler, chairwoman of Hoby with Rotherby Parish Council, presented Brian with a card and a cheque from the villagers of Hoby and Ragdale.
Brian also received a framed photo of himself in his work uniform, with a map of his old patch in the background.
Villagers in Grimston had previously contributed to a collection for Brian before his retirement, presenting him with another cheque.
Brian said: “I knew the presentation in Hoby was going to happen but I didn’t expect the response. Well over half of the village turned out. It was very emotional. They’re a friendly lot and they’ve been so kind to me. I’d like to thank all the people of Hoby, Ragdale and Grimston for their kindness.”
Brian added: “It’s only just starting to kick in now that I can do what I want when I want. The grandchildren keep me busy and I’ll enjoy watching my grandson play football and cricket.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Villagers deliver retirement gift to popular postie
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Villagers deliver retirement gift to popular postie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.