ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fond farewell to much-loved retiring postie Kevin

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Fond farewell to much-loved retiring postie Kevin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.newsnorthwales.co.uk/news/15 ... kevin.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

A MUCH-LOVED postman was overwhelmed by the farewell he received on retiring.

Kevin Davies, of Denbigh, has delivered mail to residents in Nantglyn for seven years during which time he liked to stop for a chat with those he saw along the way.

But the 61-year-old was amazed by how many villagers made the effort to wish him well at a special event in Nantglyn Village Hall two days before his last round, which he said was a “quite emotional day”.

Mr Davies, who has been a postman for 36 years in total, said: “It was one hell of a shock when I walked in.

“I was just told to be at the village hall, I thought there’d only be about six people there.

“I was quite overwhelmed.”

The grandfather said he was looking forward to having Saturdays off so he could spend more time with his eight-year-old grandson Jackson, and on his hobbies of fishing and model aeroplane flying.

Kevin, pictured right, extended a heart-felt thankyou to everyone who went along to wish him good luck and those who contributed to the gifts he received.

“What I’ve always said is ‘what you give out you will get back’,” he added.

“There was a lot of older people in the village and it only took two minutes out of my life to talk to them.”

Paul Marfleet, a Nantglyn resident speaking on behalf of the village, said Mr Davies would be greatly missed.

“Kevin is everyone's idea of the perfect postman.

“He knows everyone, knows if they are away, and went above and beyond the call of duty in caring for their postal needs over many, many years.

“His cheerful attitude and smiling face will be much missed by the residents of Nantglyn who wish him well in his retirement.”

For more n
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.