ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ealing postwoman who neglected her health whilst caring for sick mum shed FIVE STONE in 19 weeks

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ealing postwoman who neglected her health whilst caring for sick mum shed FIVE STONE in 19 weeks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/hea ... h-10622284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An Ealing postwoman who had neglected her health to care for her sick mum lost five stone in 19 weeks to turn her life around.

Susan Williams, who lost her mum last November, began to feel depressed about her weight.

A size 22, the 50-year-old felt recalls crying as the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve.

"I had to pull myself together and lose weight and look after myself" said Susan.

"I had joined Weight Watchers so many times in the past and never ever reached goal.

"This time was going to be different and even my friend I joined with said she had never seen me so determined."

Susan said the goal was a welcoming distraction from the loss of a family member and she began to focus on her aims.

"Being a postwoman really helped with the daily walking and after purchasing a Fitbit, I started getting really competitive with the challenges" she said.

"The weight was falling off and I found myself really looking forward to the weigh-ins, knowing I had done well. "

With a target of reaching 11 stone by the time she went to Mexico for a holiday in last June, Susan was given an award for shedding 50lbs.

By November 3, a date she remembers very clearly, she had reached her target of losing an incredible 5 stone.

Susan said: "I can now do my post round a bit quicker and my knees don't ache like they used to!

"I feel so much better in myself and have more get up and go.

"Now I just want to go out and enjoy putting on nice clothes and feeling comfortable with myself."

Image
Susan is now a svelte 5 sizes slimmer than before
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.