ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rebecca Harris: Spare a thought for posties at Christmas

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Rebecca Harris: Spare a thought for posties at Christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.braintreeandwithamtimes.co.u ... Christmas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

FIRST thing on Saturday, I dropped into the local sorting office to see how our Royal Mail team are managing the huge Christmas delivery operation.

What felt painfully early for me was of course some time into the day for our postmen and women and almost the end of the shift for those who had worked overnight.


The impact of Black Friday was evident from the massive parcel mountain they were working their way through, in the knowledge that once they’ve cleared it, it would be back just as huge by Monday.

I have had the odd run-in with Royal Mail senior brass in the past, like over their brief refusal to deliver to some unmade roads, but I have great respect for the team who deliver our post day in day out, in all weather, year round. When John my postman at the House of Commons brings me a green sack of letters each morning, I can tease him he has the cushiest delivery route in the service – all of it indoors and central heated, unlike his counterparts in Castle Point.

So when you receive your Christmas cards and parcels, spare a thought for our posties who make Christmas possible.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.