ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fire-fighting postie Sally makes Sidmouth history

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Fire-fighting postie Sally makes Sidmouth history

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.midweekherald.co.uk/news/fir ... _1_4326443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A firefighter has made history after becoming the first woman in Sidmouth to reach the rank of crew manager.

Sally Neal may be more familiar to many in her Royal Mail uniform delivering post around the town, but she has also been a member of the retained fire crew for the last 14 years.

Sally is keen to encourage other women to join the fire service, as they make up just four per cent of the nation’s life-saving crews.

“It is important to acknowledge women in a very male-dominated career,” said Sally.

“I am not treated any different being female and I would not want to be – a firefighter is a firefighter.

“Women are capable to achieve, meet high standards and be successful in a physical and demanding role.

“I joined the fire service because I am the type who is driven, enjoys challenging environments and has a hunger to continuously learn.

“I am extremely pleased – it is an exciting and very rewarding career.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.