ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Headless Cross postie posts decent time in Brum run

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Headless Cross postie posts decent time in Brum run

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/head ... run-15320/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

A POSTMAN from Headless Cross was among those pounding the pavements of Birmingham this weekend as he competed in the gruelling 13-mile Great Birmingham Run.

Alan Whiting swapped his envelopes for trainers on Sunday (October 18) as he completed the half marathon in aid of the John Bonham Memorial Fund.

“It actually wasn’t too bad,” Alan told the Standard on his well-deserved day off.

“Each year I hope to knock a bit off my time and I did just that.”

The 45-year-old postman completed the course in 1,435th place, out of 22,000 entrants, with a time of one hour and 42 minutes – three whole minutes faster than last year’s attempt.

He added: “The hills were the worst, especially after the 11 mile mark.

“I’ve run the course for the last five years and it has changed a bit but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be – although I did enjoy a couple of beers and a Chinese takeway went down rather well afterwards.”

Alan, who lives just a few doors down from where John Bonham was born, has so far raised around £600 from the run which will go towards financing a permanent memorial to the legendary Led Zeppelin drummer, who was born and grew up in Redditch.

The quickest male and female Redditch residents to cross the finish line were Robert Handy, another Headless Cross local, who crossed the finish line with a time of one hour, 22 minutes and Joanne Scott from Callow Hill who completed the course in one hour and 29 minutes.

Visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/alan-whiting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where donations can still be made.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.