ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie Alan to drum up funds in Great Brum run

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postie Alan to drum up funds in Great Brum run

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/post ... run-14794/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://redditchstandard.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/POSTIE_RUNS_BIRMINGHAM_HALF_MARATHON-960x600.jpg?ca6bedA POSTIE from Headless Cross will swap the roads of Redditch for those of the city next week as he switches his envelopes for trainers to compete in the Great Birmingham Run in aid of the John Bonham Memorial Fund.

Alan Whiting will tackle the gruelling 13-mile race, formerly known as the Birmingham Half Marathon, next Sunday (October 18).

The 45-year-old postman will be running to help fund raise for a permanent memorial to the legendary Led Zeppelin drummer, who was born and grew up in Redditch.

“I like to help out in the local community where I can,” Alan said.

“And as I live just a few doors from where John was born, I wanted to contribute to the fund-raising effort.”

The father of three is no stranger to the 13.1 mile run and has raised several hundred pounds over previous years for Diabetes UK.

He added: “John’s brother, the late Mick Bonham, was also a keen runner and I’m sure he’d have competed on behalf of the Fund if he was still with us – I’ll be running in memory of both of them.”

Wearing the number 2900, Alan will set off as part of the orange wave at 10.10am from Jennens Road, close to Millennium Point.

He hopes to cross the finishing line, outside Broad Street’s Hyatt Hotel, under 1:42:31 – his personal best.

Visit http://www.johnbonhammemorialfund.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information and https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/alan-whiting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to lend Alan your support.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.