Princess Charlotte's card returned, pommy posties can't find Kensington Palace
http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-n ... ton-palace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kensington Palace is a rather large building that has been around for a few centuries, so it should be safe to assume a London postie would know where it was.
But maybe not.
Royalist Marlene Spence, from New Plymouth, sent a card addressed to Princess Charlotte, Kensington Palace, London, England and it was returned with a sticker saying "insufficient address".
Spence was "beyond flabbergasted", she said.
"Isn't that ridiculous? How many Kensington Palaces are there?"
Princess Charlotte, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, aka Will and Kate, was christened in June, so Spence sent her a card to mark the occasion.
Three months later she got it back looking slightly the worse for wear.
The New Zealand post stamp is dated June 25, so where has the card been for the last three months?, she said.
Spence has sent cards and presents to the royal children before, to the same address, and has received thank you cards acknowledging they had received them.
When Charlotte was born Spence even sent her a 'BabyGro' with bib, hat and booties, she said.
"I got carried away."
Since sending Charlotte's christening card, she has sent Prince George a birthday present of an All Blacks jersey, shorts and little black gumboots with the All Blacks logo.
She hasn't heard back, which is now causing her some concern.
"I hope I don't get them back saying insufficient address."
Spence has always been a royalist. She used to cut pictures out of magazines, of the then Princess Elizabeth and her sister Princess Margaret, and put them on her wall when she was growing up in Manaia.
And while she lived in England she used to make the pilgrimage to Kensington Palace gardens on the anniversary of Diana's death.
The Cambridges are her favourites, but her planned coachtrip to London for their 2011 wedding didn't turn out as planned, because she got sick and was unable to go.
"I was so disappointed, but I was glued to the TV though."
Back home in Taranaki she intends to keep sending presents to the royal children, she said.
She just hopes they receive them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Princess card returned, pommy posties can't find Palace
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Princess card returned, pommy posties can't find Palace
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.