Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing Chiefs’ star Dean Mumm
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/E ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276269/Article/images/26680459/10257459-large.jpgAn Exeter postman received an unexpected gift while on his round – from a top rugby player.
Mike Vinnicombe regularly used to chat to Exeter Chiefs’ skipper Dean Mumm while delivering his post – and even rescued the star player’s dog when it escaped from his house in Exeter.
Dean recently quit the Chiefs to rejoin Sydney based team Waratahs and in a bid to secure a place in the Australian World Cup squad.
But he made sure he left Chiefs’ supporter Mike a parting gift – his training shirt.
Mike, 45, said he has delivered post to four Exeter Chiefs players on his round but he found Dean was always up for a chat.
He said: ”He was a really friendly guy. I used to chat to him whenever I saw him on my Wonford round but I was a bit worried he might think I was over-doing it, so once I decided not to stop -and then next thing I know he has stopped his car to have a chat with me. He is a really nice chap.
“He is a big loss to the Chiefs but after he left his wife said he wanted me to have his training shirt.
“It was a really nice gesture,” said Mike who is a season ticket holder at the Premiership club.
“I am not sure what I'll do with it to be honest. I think I will probably end up wearing it - although I’m obviously a fair bit smaller than Dean.
“My two sons are cricket players with Sandford so I don’t suppose they want it.
Mike, a former junior chairman of Crediton RFC and secretary of Sandord CC, lives in Crediton - not far from another sporting legend,former Exeter FC and Glasgow Rangers player, Chris Vinnicombe (no relation).
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing Chief
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing Chief
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mvinny
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 13 Mar 2009, 15:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing C
Now I've really made it BIG!!
I'm on Royal Mail chat!
I'm on Royal Mail chat!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing C
mvinny wrote:Now I've really made it BIG!!
I'm on Royal Mail chat!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Exeter postman receives unexpected gift from departing C
you could frame it and put it on the wall. or Donate it to the club museum if there is one.