http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... r-1.874349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kirrie woman Lorraine Simpson was gutted when she discovered she lost her purse after a night out in the town with friends in 2008.
But seven years later her purse has turned up “out of the blue” with all its contents still intact — including the money.
The 36-year-old spoke of her delight in having the purse returned.
Lorraine said she was at her work in a local coffee shop on Monday when one of the town’s posties Lewis Armstrong appeared and handed her the purse.
She said: “It’s incredible. I haven’t a clue where my purse has been but when it was returned to me it was soaking wet.
“A £20 note and a £10 note were still there, although they disintegrated when I touched them, as well as all my cards.
“Lewis told me it was found by his colleague Roy Armstrong who emptied the post box in the Knowehead area of the town.
“He said it hadn’t been there on Saturday when the box was emptied so someone has obviously put it in sometime over the weekend.”
Lorraine’s old address in Kirriemuir had been on all the paperwork in her purse.
But when the purse was taken to that address it was discovered she didn’t live there any more and it was taken back to the post office.
She added: “When it went back to the sorting office someone recognised the picture on my driving licence and some of the other cards.
“Someone who knew me was able to tell them that I actually worked in the coffee shop just across the road and Lewis brought it over.”
Lorraine said she was completely baffled by the find, adding: “I’d love to know where it has been all this time. Obviously nobody stole it because everything was still inside.
“It seems to have turned up out of the blue and I can only think someone has discovered it and decided that the best thing to do was to pop it into the post box.
“The box it was put in isn’t too far from my old address, which would make me think that I lost it after I had left the town centre and was closer to home. If someone can shed any light on this I’d be delighted to hear from them.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tayside woman's lost purse turns up... seven years later
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tayside woman's lost purse turns up... seven years later
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.