ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Grieving Posties pay perfect tribute to colleague

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Grieving Posties pay perfect tribute to colleague

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/news ... colleague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOLLOWING the recent death of a Knutsford postie, two Royal Mail employees are now racing to make money for cancer charities in his memory.

Steve Litherland, 51, who worked at the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Parkgate, died on February 1 after battling cancer.

In his honour, his close colleagues and fellow posties, Carole Siwek, and Christian Ruddock, are taking part in fundraising runs to make money and raise awareness for cancer charities.

Christian, a 38 year-old postman from Longridge, raised more than £300 for the Macmillan Cancer Support in last week’s London Marathon and hopes to continue making money for the cause.

"I just wanted to raise as much money as I could for Macmillan and do it in memory of Steve," he said.

“I just thought that if I can get through four to five hours worth of pain for what he went through then that would be something. Just thinking about what Steve had to go through got me through that pain.

“I honestly could not believe how strong he was. I just think he was amazing.

“It is a matter close to my heart, my mother has suffered with lung cancer for four years now and the work Macmillan do is just great.”

“I have been trying to run the marathon for four years now, and now I have finally been given the chance."

Now his colleague Carole will be looking to follow in his footsteps in June by taking part in Cancer Research’s Race for Life in Tatton Park.

“Despite Steve’s terrible illness, he was able to keep his dignity and his sense of humour right to the end and served as an inspiration to his work colleagues," she said.

“He is very sorely missed by his work mates, at least 30 of whom attended his funeral, coming straight from work determined to get there.

“There has been a great response at work. Steve was well respected. He served as an example of steadfastness and courage that was a lesson to us all.

“It would be great if his beloved customers could donate to such a worthy cause.”

Donations can be made at justgiving.com/carolesiwek.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.