ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Brave recovering cancer victim to run London Marathon

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Brave recovering cancer victim to run London Marathon

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/12891816 ... n/?ref=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A postwoman is rising to one of the UK’s biggest sporting challenges after battling cancer for five years.

Kerry Campbell, 36, is taking part in the London Marathon in aid of Cancer Research UK – the event’s official charity partner.

Ms Campbell, from Langley Green, Crawley, was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2010 and underwent a lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

She said: “I won’t lie, the chemo was tough going, but the nurses at Crawley Hospital were fantastic. My uncle used to send me different costumes and funny wigs and masks to wear to each session which lightened the mood in the treatment room.

“I like to think of it as making good of a bad situation. Cancer was not going to stop me having fun.”

Ms Campbell responded well to the treatment and in February 2011 began a course of tamoxifen which she is still taking.

She said: “Cancer Research UK is very close to my heart. I was shocked and devastated when I was diagnosed with cancer but, thanks to research, I am still here today.

“By raising money through the London Marathon, I want to help the charity ensure more people, like me, are treated successfully.”

Ms Campbell is aiming to complete the marathon on April 26 inside five hours and raise £2,000.

To sponsor her, visit uk.virginmoney giving.com/kerrycampbell1.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.