ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jake's marathon run in memory of his nan

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Jake's marathon run in memory of his nan

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1287798 ... f_his_nan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A YOUNG man is to run the London Marathon in homage to his nan who died eight years ago.

Jake Inwood, from Southend, is running the showpiece event later this month to raise cash for the Stroke Association, after his nan, Lillian Cox, died of a stroke while at home.

Mr Inwood, who works at Royal Mail, has almost raised £2,000 for the charity when he runs the marathon on April 26.

He said: “My mum called my nan one evening to make arrangements to see her the next day. “When my nan answered the phone her speech was all slurred and hard to understand. My mum instantly knew something wasn’t right, and called an ambulance straight away. The ambulance took her to the King George Hospital in Goodmayes where she was treated on the stroke ward. Sadly, nan sadly passed away six weeks later.”

“I was just 12 years old at the time, but when it happened I knew I wanted to do more for other families who are faced with this devastating condition.

I’m really looking forward to running for the charity. The fundraising is going really well and my training is too. The generosity of everyone who sponsored me has really spurred me on.”

At the moment, Mr Inwood has raised £1,842 out of his target of £2,000. To sponsor Jake, visit virginmoneygiving.com/JakeInwood Marathon.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.