http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Family-f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOVE: Daniel with girlfriend of 14 years Sue.
A HEARTBROKEN mother has told how she found her 'loving' 28-year-old son dead in bed after he did not get up for work.
Sue Hughes frantically attempted to revive postman Daniel at their Bignall End home.
She had become concerned after Daniel – who was dubbed 'North Staffordshire's sexiest postman' – was late for his Kidsgrove round.
Now the family are waiting for the results of a post-mortem examination to try to find out how Daniel died.
The Stoke City fan played football for Alsagers Bank and went to the gym up to six times a week.
Sue, aged 54, said: "My heart sank as soon as he didn't answer me because he always used to shout for me to come in but there was nothing. I can't begin to explain how it felt. He is just too young."Dad David, aged 56, of Stephen's Way, said: "I went to work at about 5.30am on Thursday and got a phone call at about 8am. Sue had gone into his room and that was it, she could not wake him up. She's CPR trained so she did what she could but she knew in herself it was too late. He was cold and had already gone."
David added: "He was a lovely lad and I am so proud of him. It's not right that this has happened and doesn't seem fair.
"We want to make the funeral a happy day, there will be no black ties, no suits. We want people to wear football shirts and colours. We want it to be a celebration of his life because he was a happy lad and that's the way we want to send him off."
North Staffordshire coroner Ian Smith has been informed about Daniel's death.
Mum Sue said: "He was the life and soul of the party, he was a clown and we had a lot of laughs. Daniel was the most polite, nicest lad you could ever wish to meet. He was too young so it doesn't seem right to do a typical funeral."
Daniel was found dead just a day before he became an uncle. Now his sister Kim Hughes has named her daughter Millie Evie-Danny-May Simcock.
The 29-year-old said: "Daniel was more than a brother, he was my best friend who was due to be an uncle again.
"I will miss everything about him, especially the faces he pulled. He never had a straight face and was always leaving little drawings to make us laugh."
Daniel's girlfriend of 14 years, Sue Deaville, said he could always brighten up any room.
The 28-year-old recruitment consultant, of Edward Street, Bignall End, said: "We had a cat called Billy who adored him. Dan used to pick him up and dance around with him and I will always remember that."
Former Sir Thomas Boughey High School pupil Daniel played football for Alsagers Bank FC and was a Stoke City season ticket holder. He also loved snowboarding with his friends in France.
Nathan Shaw, aged 28, of Stephens Way, who played football with Daniel every weekend, said: "He was a good player and was very fit so I couldn't believe it when I heard he had died.
"I have lots of memories of when we used to play for Betley growing up. He was an absolute joke to be around. We called him the sexiest postman in North Staffordshire.
"I will miss him. He always lit up the room and made everyone laugh."
Steve Bailey, aged 28, of Meadowside Avenue, Audley, who has known Daniel since their time together at Ravensmead Primary School, in Bignall End, said: "Dan was the nicest person you could ever meet. He was caring, loving and loyal. He was always there for you if you ever wanted to speak to him.
"When I found out that he had died it was the biggest shock of my life."



