ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"I was just doing my job," says postman who found gold medal

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

"I was just doing my job," says postman who found gold medal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

"I was just doing my job," says postman who found Kelly Sotherton's gold medal in Sutton Coldfield

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.u ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

THE Royal Mail delivery driver who saved the day and found Kelly Sotherton's gold medal has said he 'was just doing his job'.

Martyn Siviter, 46, has been a postman for 14 years and was out collecting mail from local postboxes yesterday afternoon (Tuesday March 3) when he found the medals. He took them back to the office and reported to his manager. He then took them to the police station and handed them in.

Martyn said: "I was just doing my job when I found the medals in the postbox. I put them in a separate pouch in the back of the van with the mail and took them back to the office.

"I told my boss and we decided the best thing was to take them straight to the police station and hand them in.

"It is definitely one of the most unusual items I have found in a postbox and I am just pleased that Kelly will have her treasured gold medal back in her hands again."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: "I was just doing my job," says postman who found gold m

Post by Lounge Lizard »

But that's what we do :thumbup and it's probably just 1% that would consider flogging them on ebay :thumbdown but 1% of over 100,000 generates all too many reports of postal workers in court. :sad: