
Emmeline Sagar and Vicky Donnithorne will have their hair cut to raise money for Cancer Research.
Two West Cornwall women are having their hair cut off to raise money for charity.
Emmeline Sagar and Vicky Donnithorne from Pendeen will face the hairdresser’s scissors to raise cash for Cancer Research and will donate their hair to make wigs for children who are suffering from the disease.
Miss Sager said: “I decided to do it after watching a video on Facebook about how much a wig for a child with this illness can cost. I have not had short hair in 10 years as I don't like it but I figured as mine grows back why not use it to help someone and in the process raise money for Cancer Research as well.”
The duo said they have found a company willing to make the two wigs free of charge.
Postwoman Vicky has been promised match funding from her employer Royal Mail up to the amount of £200.
The two will face the chop in front of onlookers at The North Inn pub on Saturday February 28 at 6pm.
You can make a donation by visiting www.justgiving.com/Emmeline-sagar