ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Just who is responsible?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Just who is responsible?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/yoursa ... esponsible_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is a little known fact that in 2012 the Royal Mail and the Post Office were divided into separate companies in order to facilitate the sell-off of the Royal Mail.

In the midst of the furore that has surrounded this tragic episode in our history most people do not realise that there is this separation or responsibilities.

This manifested itself to me recently when I posted (or did I mail?) a bottle of perfume from my local Post Office.

I declared the contents and paid for first class tracked postage but it seems that the Post Office neglected to attach a certain sticker to the parcel.

This resulted in it being identified as a potentially dangerous parcel by the Royal Mail and as such was flown to Belfast.

This came to light when the parcel was not delivered and enquiries were made.

At this point I was told by an extremely officious call handler at Royal Mail that because this sticker had not been attached by the Post Office the item would be destroyed (it was unclear why it had to be flown to Belfast for this to take place).

She was adamant that it was not the responsibility of the Royal Mail as the Post Office had not attached the sticker.

The Post Office, naturally, said that since they were not destroying the item it was not their responsibility but rather that of the Royal Mail.

So it seems that no one is responsible and I simply have to bear the cost of the lost parcel and the postage costs.

Thank you David Cameron and Vince Cable for destroying not only another part of our heritage, but ensuring that no one can be called to account for service failures either.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.