https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/0 ... 99-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Customer James Fyfe has commended the staff at Halesworth DO for going the extra mile to provide him with ‘exemplary’ customer service.
James was eagerly awaiting the arrival of tickets for this year’s Commonwealth Games, but realised that he wouldn’t be at home when they were due to be delivered.
He says: ‘I knew that it would require a signature, but I didn’t think I would be at home. So I telephoned Halesworth DO to request that I visit the office to collect the tickets personally.
‘You can imagine my surprise when just a few minutes later there was a postman at my front door saying he thought he’d save me the journey.’
‘Beyond the call of duty’
‘The postman must have known that I am disabled and considered my difficulty. He went way beyond the call of duty to deliver my much-awaited tickets,’ James added.
The postman was Trevor Page, who says that he knew that the customer was in a wheelchair and so may struggle to get to the enquiry office.
He says: ‘I decided to attempt the delivery again, just in case the gentleman was home. The whole idea is for Royal Mail to deliver every item first time, which I endeavour to do every day.
‘However, on this occasion I knew I had to make an extra effort to help James get his mail. I wasn’t aware they were important tickets but that wouldn’t have changed my mind. I would have done it anyway.’
Trevor’s delivery office manager Paul Browning says: ‘It doesn’t surprise me that one of the OPGs at Halesworth did this.
‘They go more than the extra mile in the office to deliver items first time, even if it eats into their own time. Trevor is hard working and always has customer service at the top of his agenda.’
Our happy customer, James, added: ‘I want to commend this action. All too often people are happy to complain but don’t say when the service is fantastic.’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Halesworth postman praised for going the extra mile
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Halesworth postman praised for going the extra mile
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: Halesworth postman praised for going the extra mile
and trevor died this week. sadly missed by all who know him. a good old boy if ever there was one.