http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/your ... g_demands/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
by Robert Buckland, Swindon South MP
AS I mentioned last week, the Parliamentary recess is a great opportunity to get out and about even more in South Swindon, meeting local residents, community groups and major employers.
A good example is the morning I’ve just spent with our hardworking Royal Mail staff, experiencing what’s involved in delivering the post and the challenges of providing a modern postal service to every home and business in the constituency.
Royal Mail has recently refurbished its Swindon facility following the merger of the old Dorcan and Hawksworth delivery offices in July.
The new office is now known as the Swindon Delivery Office, and of course is one of the most important employers in the area. I am glad that the company has demonstrated its long-term commitment to Swindon through this investment, and wanted to see the changes for myself.
The visit gave me the opportunity to see how Royal Mail is investing in new sorting and delivery equipment to cope with changing demands. Thanks to the growth of online shopping and use of emails, the company is delivering more parcels and fewer letters than ever.
The equipment and facilities need to reflect that, hence the significant investment in Swindon to transform and modernise the operation here.
It was fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes.
Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community, and I want to thank all the Royal Mail staff in Swindon for their hard work
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail is investing to cope with changing demands
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail is investing to cope with changing demands
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail is investing to cope with changing demands
How patronising. Bet he voted for privatisation.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/your ... g_demands/
by Robert Buckland, Swindon South MP
AS I mentioned last week, the Parliamentary recess is a great opportunity to get out and about even more in South Swindon, meeting local residents, community groups and major employers.
A good example is the morning I’ve just spent with our hardworking Royal Mail staff, experiencing what’s involved in delivering the post and the challenges of providing a modern postal service to every home and business in the constituency.
Royal Mail has recently refurbished its Swindon facility following the merger of the old Dorcan and Hawksworth delivery offices in July.
The new office is now known as the Swindon Delivery Office, and of course is one of the most important employers in the area. I am glad that the company has demonstrated its long-term commitment to Swindon through this investment, and wanted to see the changes for myself.
The visit gave me the opportunity to see how Royal Mail is investing in new sorting and delivery equipment to cope with changing demands. Thanks to the growth of online shopping and use of emails, the company is delivering more parcels and fewer letters than ever.
The equipment and facilities need to reflect that, hence the significant investment in Swindon to transform and modernise the operation here.
It was fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes.
Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community, and I want to thank all the Royal Mail staff in Swindon for their hard work