http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Posties- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I WRITE regarding your story on whether the delivery of mail be suspended in The Villas area due to dangerous condition of pavements? (Sentinel, October 30).
Well, some weeks ago I had a need to deliver leaflets.
I realised what a dangerous job it is to be a postman.
I encountered paths of pebbles – a sure way to break an ankle!
Gates to cut fingers off. Letter boxes at the bottom of doors, which, with a bag on your back, could be a hazard.
And of course, the friendly dog who would also like to chew on your fingers.
I could go on.
Thankfully, I don't have to do the job.
Not for a big amount of money would I want this job.
Question here –posties, how do you manage to give us a smile given all of this?
Thank you for delivering my mail.
You do a wonderful job where there are many hazards.
MRS D M HOUSEMAN
Blurton
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posties deserve all of our thanks D Houseman
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Posties deserve all of our thanks D Houseman
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.