http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Postie-puts ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A POSTAL worker is preparing to step inside the squared circle to raise cash for charity.
Andy Walker, of Swadlincote, is to set his postbag aside and pull on a pair of boxing gloves in aid of Cancer Research UK at Burton Town Hall on Sunday.
Mr Walker, who also works at Morrisons, in Swadlincote, revealed he was inspired to step into the ring by his love of boxing and the plight of a colleague.
He told the Mail: "One of my colleagues is currently battling an illness and this is one way that I can help support a great cause like Cancer Research UK.
"Also, I have always liked things like Rocky and dreamed of stepping into the ring.
"I have been training for eight weeks and I am sponsored by the Wellington Arms.
"I would also like to thank my coaches, Rehan Akhtar and Ben Gower, as well as organiser David Baker."
The event runs from 3pm to 9pm and tickets cost £30.
People can sponsor Andy by heading online to http://www.justgiving.com/Andy-Walker23/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Swadlincote postie puts on gloves for new boxing event
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Swadlincote postie puts on gloves for new boxing event
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.