ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/s ... _box_pink/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Rail users were greeted with a strange sight outside Dartford station this morning – a post box being painted pink.

A man was seen applying the vivid paint to the box as bemused commuters passed by.

But it wasn’t some act of broad daylight vandalism or part of any Royal Mail campaign, as when pillar boxes were painted gold in honour of Team GB Olympic champions in 2012.

It turns out every box needs a lick of paint roughly every four years and this one will only be looking pretty in pink as long as its various undercoats take to try before the familiar red can be re-applied.

Royal Mail spokeswoman Sally Hopkins said: “The box is just getting a few coats of primer before it gets the red.

“It’s part of a cycle of repainting all Royal Mail boxes.

“They are generally done within a day so they don’t have to be out of use for customers for very long.

“Obviously we don’t want customers using them when they are wet because they will get paint on themselves and their post and get fingerprints on them.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by Lounge Lizard »

And I thought it was to match the ageing fading vans. :shock:
And where's his Romec uniform ? :shock:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:And I thought it was to match the ageing fading vans. :shock:
And where's his Romec uniform ? :shock:
No need for a uniform LL you can tell he's ROMEC from the size of the brush he's using to paint the postbox, I mean it is Dartford after all :whistle
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by clashcityrocker »

dvbuk55 wrote: the size of the brush he's using to paint the postbox,
That brush was chosen by the WCM team after months of trials and focus groups and the involvement of the H&S pillar.
While you might mock his little paintbrush now, it will be in the Courier as best practice next month.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: the size of the brush he's using to paint the postbox,
That brush was chosen by the WCM team after months of trials and focus groups and the involvement of the H&S pillar.
While you might mock his little paintbrush now, it will be in the Courier as best practice next month.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

No wonder I haven't progressed in my RM career - I would never thought of that - I'm not going to get my picture in the Courier am I :sad:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by clashcityrocker »

dvbuk55 wrote: - I'm not going to get my picture in the Courier am I :sad:
I'm sure if you send Moya a picture of you with your little paintbrush in your hand she will definitely find room in the Courier for it. :wink:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: - I'm not going to get my picture in the Courier am I :sad:
I'm sure if you send Moya a picture of you with your little paintbrush in your hand she will definitely find room in the Courier for it. :wink:
Hang on a minute cc, who's been talking :Very Happy
Benjithfc180
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Feb 2017, 19:00
Gender: Male

Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink

Post by Benjithfc180 »

Just goes to prove what everyone thinks of the posties (numpties). The little brush is for cutting in. And they aint wearing romec uniforms because they dont work for romec.