http://www.lep.co.uk/news/business/new- ... -1-6670901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A worldwide distribution centre that is set to create around 150 jobs has been officially opened in Lancashire.
The new Parcelforce Wordwide centre in Chorley is part of a UK-wide expansion programme by the company, Royal Mail Group’s express parcel business, which has already created 130 new jobs in the town.
In total, it is expected up to around 150 jobs will be created by the centre in the town over the next three years.
Chorley MP Lindsay Hoyle was on hand to open the 6,000 square metre centre in Buckshaw Avenue.
He said: “I am delighted that Parcelforce Worldwide is expanding its Chorley operation.
“I welcome the creation of local jobs for constituents.
“As well as being a UK and international parcel delivery service, Parcelforce Worldwide is a local business and employer.
“I’m pleased that businesses and individuals in Chorley can benefit from this service.
“Once again, this shows the how attractive Chorley’s logistical location is for businesses who need quick access to the motorway network and different regions of the UK.”
Peter Jones, processing centre manager, said: “It is an essential part of our investment to grow our business. It will enable us to
handle more parcels for the north of England and Scotland, while ensuring we continue to provide a very high level of service to all of our customers.”
The new purpose-built parcels processing centre in Chorley is one of 12 new or expanded depots in the past year by Parcelforce UK.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Parcelforce centre to create 150 new jobs
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New Parcelforce centre to create 150 new jobs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.