ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driffield postie is East Riding green winner

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Driffield postie is East Riding green winner

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/news/en ... -1-6648815" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The East Riding’s new green ambassador is from four generations of keen recyclers.

Christine Dixon, better known in the Driffield area as Chrissy, the postwoman, has won the award after explaining how she goes the extra mile to prevent creating waste.

“All my family believe that we should be doing whatever we can to save the world for future generations. Even my three year old granddaughter Taylor knows that she mustn’t just throw things away.

“I saw her putting the rind off her melon into the food waste caddy without being asked. She sees us doing it and copies us.

“I also never go shopping without a shopping list to make sure I stick to just what I need and am not tempted to buy something that could end up being thrown away. I hate waste.”

Chrissy, of Auchinleck Close, has been awarded the area’s green winner title by East Riding of Yorkshire Council after explaining on her entry how her lifestyle and that of her family is aimed at not producing waste.

She said: “I have just had a big clear out and needed to get rid of a pile of unwanted clothes. We took them to the yellow recycling container at the fire station. That way everyone is a winner; someone else gets the clothes, the charity gets the money and I feel better knowing they weren’t put them in the green bin to go to landfill.”

The annual competition, organised by East Riding of Yorkshire Council, supports residents in their determination to prevent waste, recycle and reuse.

Councillor Symon Fraser, portfolio holder for environment, housing and planning, said: “East Riding residents are keen recyclers and this competition is going from strength to strength every year.

“Past winners have proved to be great leaders in the campaign against waste and Chrissy is a brilliant example. She shows what can be done and how even the smallest change in what we do can go a long way towards preventing waste.”

Chrissy, her daughter Claire Burton, granddaughter Taylor, and mother Hilary Ellis, are all keen recyclers. And not forgetting Chrissy’s husband Stephen, who works for East Yorkshire Motor Services.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.