http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi ... 4051386477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THE Royal Mail is to auction personalised postcodes to homeowners seeking to make their addresses more sexy.
The recently-privatised business has made postcodes like EDD13, 1 B055 and 5EX7 5EX7 available to bidders who want to really impress their postman.
A Royal Mail spokesman said: “How many times have you given your address out and been embarrassed by a postcode that resembles one of R2-D2′s unpopular mates?
“In business, friendship and love you’re judged on your postcode, and if you can make it almost spell out a word when you squint then you’ll have all the success you ever dreamed of.”
The idea apparently came from Vince Cable, who noticed that hate mail from constituents still arrived at his house even with invented postcodes like TO5 5ER and NO8 3ND.
However Norman Steele of Norwich said: “The problem is that this entire half of the street has the same postcode, and now our postcode is B16 D1X because of him at the end who drives the white Porsche Cayenne.
“I wouldn’t mind, but 6 doesn’t even stand in for G very well so I have to keep explaining that it’s meant to be Big Dicks to visiting tradesmen.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
can I have 10 BNH please......
oops sorry I thought I was in a tobaccoinsts
oops sorry I thought I was in a tobaccoinsts
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
whos having CU1 NT or DI3k? 
-
blackadder
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
- Location: deep south
Re: Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
TO5 5ER for that certain someone
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
d0m or po55 for rich areas 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Royal Mail to sell personalised postcodes
it doesnt have them same appeal as a dvla registration on a car does it ??