http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update ... st-office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two men approached staff and customers in a busy Oxford post office and demanded money.
One man approached the cashier with a weapon, thought to be a pole, and threatened him before telling customers to get out of the store.
Another man threatened a female customer in the store before requesting money be handed over by a member of staff.
The robbers stole an amount of cash and tried to escape on bicycles but were stopped by people outside the store so they ran away from the scene.
No-one sustained injuries during the robbery on the 6th May which happened at 12.50pm.
I am appealing to anyone who saw what happened or anyone with any information about the incident to contact police. The Post Office was busy at the time of the incident and I would ask anyone in there at the time to phone 101 to speak to an officer. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who saw men matching the description of the offenders, one of whom was wearing a very distinctive hooded top, in the Observatory Street or Walton Street area after the robbery.”
– DET SGT MIKE WEST, INVESTIGATING OFFICER, OXFORD FORCE CID
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Two men rob busy Oxford post office
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Two men rob busy Oxford post office
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.