http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/vi ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A CULROSS postie who shakes off the postman-dog feud stereotype by pacifying pooches with biscuits on his delivery round has been named Culross Citizen of the Year.
Peter Cooper (61), of Whinny Hill Crescent, Inverkeithing, has been providing the village with 'first class' service for the past five years and is well-known for being friendly and cheerful.
Tim Collins, chair of Culross Community Council said, “Peter is loved by everybody in the village, even the dogs because he pacified them from day one with dog biscuits.”
Mr Collins said that it was important to give Peter, known as 'Taff' by locals, the recognition he deserved and described the postman as a “genuine credit to the Royal Mail”.
Peter said, “It is really nice to be given this award by the Culross Community Council although I do believe I am just doing my job. But to be recognised as their Citizen of the Year feels great!”
Culross Community Council member Clare Short, who awarded Peter an engraved trophy, said, “Peter talks to everyone in the village, he knows everyone and is a valued member of our community even though he doesn’t live here.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'First class' Culross postie named Citizen of the Year!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
'First class' Culross postie named Citizen of the Year!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: 'First class' Culross postie named Citizen of the Year!
Hope I never cover his round
Wonder what the dogs will do when a postie doesn't have biscuits?

Wonder what the dogs will do when a postie doesn't have biscuits?
I won