http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Postman- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I WAS reading about the dispute over the deliveries in Adamthwaite Close and Adamthwaite Drive, Blythe Bridge (Sentinel, March 19).http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=61326" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think the Post Office is more to blame than the people involved.
As an ex-postman of many years, here is an amusing story of how the public helped me 50 years ago.
I was delivering in a cul-de-sac in Hanley. It was pouring down with rain. I had just finished, when I heard a voice saying "Postman, postman."
It was a chap well into his 80s, running and out of breath. "Cost tak thase letters back for number 10. I've put details on the back of the first letter. There's abite 10", and off he went.
I looked at the back of the first letter and the details were there quite clearly.
"This mon is jed, they burred him last wick. Thanks postman, Harry Steadman, number eight."
This I thought was very nice, to think about his next door neighbour.
For people who don't know Potteries dialect, 'this man has passed away and he was buried last week'.
ROY BAINBRIDGE Bucknall
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman helped by a neighbour
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman helped by a neighbour
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.