Postman who goes the "extra mile" is latest Herefordshire Hero
http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/11073 ... ?ref=var_0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN who "goes the extra mile" is the latest winner of the Herefordshire Hero award.
James Cloxton, aged 37, was nominated by Amanda James for his great and caring attitude.
The Belmont postie has been with Royal Mail for 15 years.
He said: "Within the job, people are not your customers, they are your friends. You see the same person every day.
"It's really nice to think that you're not just putting letters through the door and if I can, I will go the extra mile."
His round takes him through Munstone, Shelwick, Lower Lyde, Bodenham and Hope-under-Dinmore.
"I prefer the rural rounds," he said. "You're out and about and seem to see more people in the countryside, perhaps because more people choose to retire there."
James suffered from a brain tumour when he was 17 which altered his career path from carpentry but working with wood is still a much-loved hobby for him.
Every month the Hereford Times and the Great British Florist will join forces to give someone worthy of recognition.
To nominate your Herefordshire Hero, email details to fiona.phillips@herefordtimes.com
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie who goes the extra mile is latest Herefordshire Hero
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie who goes the extra mile is latest Herefordshire Hero
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.