Royal Mail suspends deliveries on Billingham street after threat to postman
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... am-6788271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post has not been delivered to 73 homes since Monday following an alleged incident involving an Victorian American Bulldog and a male
Postal deliveries have been halted on a Teesside street amid claims that a postman was threatened.
Post has not been delivered to 73 homes on Quenby Road and Coleshill Close, in Billingham, since Monday, following an alleged incident involving an Victorian American Bulldog and a male.
A Royal Mail spokesperson said postal services remain temporarily suspended after “a serious threat” was made to a member of staff.
She said: “We sincerely apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused by this temporary suspension of deliveries.
“We want to restore services to customers as soon as possible and will do so when our people can work safely and without threats.”
A police investigation is now ongoing and Royal Mail have been advised not to deliver to the area until it is completed.
A resident of Quenby Road who did not want to be named, said the dog had been brought to the street about nine months ago.
She said: “I get up an hour early just to feel safe walking my own dog in the street before they all get up. I find myself checking to see if I can see it before I leave the house.
“Now we all have to suffer because our post has been cancelled, people are waiting for food tokens and job appointments, it is just a nightmare.
“We shouldn’t have to feel scared to leave our homes and a postman should be able to do his job without being abused.”
Another resident on the street, a mum to two young children, said she has often seen the dog walking freely on the street.
She said: “I had no idea that the post had been suspended but I wondered why I hadn’t received any.”
A spokesperson for Tristar Homes, which is landlord to most of the properties on Quenby Road, said: “We can also confirm that we have made police and other relevant agencies aware of this dog’s behaviour in the past and will fully support their investigation and any subsequent action.”
Affected customers can pick up mail at the delivery office on Orde Wingate Way, Stockton. Customers should take proof of their identity and address, such as a passport, driving licence or recent utility bill.
The office is open: 7am-2pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays, and 7am-8pm on Wednesdays.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM suspends deliveries on Billingham street after threats
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RM suspends deliveries on Billingham street after threats
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: RM suspends deliveries on Billingham street after threa
At last, a resident supporting RM's position in cancelling mail deliveries, recognising the danger the dog poses to us, as well as themselves and their neighbours.
Just have to wait and see if any action is taken by authorities/Police.
Just have to wait and see if any action is taken by authorities/Police.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.