York MP Julian Sturdy to meet bosses over threat to Bishopthorpe post office
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/10914453._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A YORK MP is to meet Post Office bosses to discuss the future of one of their branches in the city.
Residents in Bishopthorpe have aired concerns that their local post office may be closed and York Outer MP Julian Sturdy, together with ward councillor John Galvin, have asked Post Office Ltd to confirm their long-term plans for the branch and are looking for a commitment to keep it open.
Mr Sturdy said he would be meeting the company’s senior stakeholder manager for the north-east.
He said: “I’m pleased to see officials are taking these concerns seriously and I am hopeful that after a frank and honest discussion with the decision-makers, I will be able to assist in securing the future of this vital rural service.
“Post offices are often at the very heart of our rural communities and, together with the village shop and local pub, they help to foster a sense of community identity.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
York MP to meet bosses over threat to Bishopthorpe PO
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
York MP to meet bosses over threat to Bishopthorpe PO
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.