ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Year'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Year'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.u ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Year's Eve panto performance

Image

A STAFFORD postman stamped his name on romantic history when he took to the stage at Stafford Gatehouse Theatre to propose to his girlfriend in front of the audience during a New Year’s Eve panto performance.

When Andy Mills asked girlfriend Samantha Spiers how she wanted him to propose she told him in front of her family and friends.

“I thought what better way than on stage in the theatre during a panto,” he said.

Andy first had the idea at the beginning of November and set his masterplan in action immediately, emailing Stafford Gatehouse Theatre to try to make it happen.

“They got back to me and next thing I know I’m at the theatre rehearsing with them for the big night.”

The-35-year old and his partner Samantha, 29, have been together for just over 4 years and planned to go to the pantomime with family and friends on New Year’s Eve.

Samantha thought the trip was to celebrate her kid’s birthday - little did she know, Andy was planning a special surprise for the end of the show.

Making a swift exit from his seat as the performance ended, Andy whispered to Samantha that he needed the toilet but slipped backstage for a quick costume change.

“When I got on stage it suddenly hit me and I thought ‘what am I doing!’ The nerves kicked in and I was absolutely petrified,” said Andy. “There were about 15 of our family and friends in the audience but because of the lights I couldn’t actually see any of them when I got on stage – which was probably a good thing as it made it a bit less daunting.”

All of their friends and family were wise to the plan except for the kids who Andy said cheered when he came out onto the stage.

The cast joined in with a rendition of Marry You by Bruno Mars - a favourite of the couples.

Samantha then joined Andy on stage where he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him.

Through happy tears and to the delight of the audience and cast Samantha said yes.

“Afterwards I was just so happy,” said Andy. “I couldn’t be more pleased with the Gatehouse - I really want to say a big thank you to them for making it so special.”

The couple are planning to wed abroad in 2015.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Y

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Y

Post by dvbuk55 »

That's how it all starts and then it's a life full of regret and a daily pantomime :angel
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Y

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:That's how it all starts and then it's a life full of regret and a daily pantomime :angel
Indeed, and I'm not sure which is worse, up on that stage or on a stage warning. :shock: :sad: :shock:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Stafford postman pops the question on stage during New Y

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:That's how it all starts and then it's a life full of regret and a daily pantomime :angel
Indeed, and I'm not sure which is worse, up on that stage or on a stage warning. :shock: :sad: :shock:
Definitely the latter LL, you can easily get rid of the former but the stage warning ....................not so easy these days, still under the new agreement proposal all things are possible :nervous if you read the 23 page legal package.