http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Royal-M ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHEN this Government privatised the Royal Mail it should have taken away the Royal from the title.
This company now not only insults the intelligence of the public with ridiculous advertising but does it in the name of our Queen. We pay excessive letter postage to pay for this advertising.
Two examples which are a waste of money are: one that states that "a parcel containing size 12 boots can be sent from only £2.60". Another advert for parcels said, in a letter from Royal Mail addressed and delivered to my home by Royal Mail, that "if undelivered return it to Royal Mail PO Box 33 Ross-on-Wye, HR9 9WA".
What is going wrong with this once prestigious service?
Gordon Lockley
Balmoral Road
Borrowash
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deshulme
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 30 Dec 2009, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
Hang on a minute. Is it me but does the above statement not make sense!!
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
I don't think it would be all that hard to insult this guys intelligence. Meaningless drivel.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
Who shot who in the what now? 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
I think one of his points is that why would a letter have a redelivery address if undelivered if it WAS delivered. Obviously that info is for the person killing off the letter but he probably thinks it's for his eyes.
I think.
I think.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Jamesethefirst
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
Why is the analogy of size 12 boots insulting? I could think of worse things that are patronising / insulting/waste of money,call it what you will. World Class Mail,anybody? Now there's a thing.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail advertising is an insult to intelligence
Fully paid up member of the green ink brigade methinks.
"To boost the British economy I would tax all foreigners living abroad"
"I would cut off the more disreputable parts of the body and use the space for playing fields."
"I would bring back hanging and buy shares in rope"
"To boost the British economy I would tax all foreigners living abroad"
"I would cut off the more disreputable parts of the body and use the space for playing fields."
"I would bring back hanging and buy shares in rope"