http://www.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/S ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHEPTON Mallet Post Office has been blasted by its customers who are furious at queue times.
The Shepton Mallet Journal has been inundated with messages of complaint over the town’s post office.
Many say queues have reached the shop’s door and understaffing has led to wait times of over an hour. A number have said they have gone to Evercreech or Wells to avoid it completely.
Customers have described the post office service as “useless” and “ridiculous”.
Becky Stokes said: “I’ve got to the door and seen the queue many times, totally ridiculous.
“A mum with young children just can’t wait in that. I have been driving out of town myself.”
Hannah Sumption said: “I try and avoid at all costs but I was in there this lunchtime queuing for at least half an hour.
“Halfway through they closed one till so there was only one person serving – there were quite a few angry people to say the least.”
Andrew Rainsford said: “We don’t bother with Shepton Post Office. I just wonder how much trade in Shepton shops is lost because of people avoiding the post office.
“I don’t have 30 to 45 minutes to spare in a queue. Wells is far quicker – less than ten minutes even at lunch time.”
The post office, based in Martin McColl newsagent, Town Street, was recently refurbished.
When we tried calling the branch there was no answer, but a spokeswoman for Post Office Ltd said: “Town Street Post Office in Shepton Mallet was modernised this summer, and has since extended its service time by a total of 25 hours per week, including the addition of Sunday opening hours. This means customers can avail of Post Office services for longer than they previously could, in a brighter, more modern branch.
“We treat the experiences of customers very seriously and encourage them to share their experiences, both positive and negative, with our customer service channels by, for example, writing to us at Post Office Customer Care, FREEPOST, PO Box 740, Barnsley, S73 0ZJ.”
Read more: http://www.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/S ... z2nu6EIRVH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shepton Mallet Post Office customers' queue rage
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Shepton Mallet Post Office customers' queue rage
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
subbie
- POST OFFICE
- Posts: 418
- Joined: 03 Feb 2010, 11:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Shepton Mallet Post Office customers' queue rage
Wow, these new Post Office models are great aren't they?
Subbie
Subbie