http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/MP-s-sc ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A DERBYSHIRE MP has received backing from the Prime Minister for her campaign against scam mail.
Heather Wheeler, Conservative MP for South Derbyshire, set up the campaign to stop Royal Mail from delivering scam mail to people's homes.
Mrs Wheeler said David Cameron agreed to put a box for examples of scam mail in his constituency office in Witney. The mail includes letters asking for bank details or advertising fake competitions and bogus health cures.
She said: "I was so pleased to discuss the campaign with the Prime Minister.
"I also have a box in my Swadlincote office, so please do bring along any examples of scam mail that you receive so we can work together to end it"
She started her campaign in February with Trading Standards and the police.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP's scam mail campaign wins PM's backing
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP's scam mail campaign wins PM's backing
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: MP's scam mail campaign wins PM's backing
And it's Ok by e-mail?