Campaigners fear secretive hedge fund will 'interfere' with postal service
http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news ... ig-2485483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Save Our Royal Campaign says the TCI hedge fund has a track record of 'interfering' in companies it invests in
Critics have voiced fears about a secretive hedge fund which has become Royal Mail’s biggest private shareholder.
TCI bought a 5.8% stake worth £312million – up £22m in a day – and hasn’t ruled out buying more.
The London-based fund is known for being an “active” investor by getting involved in key decisions.
Mario Dunn, of campaign group Save Our Royal Mail, said: “This news confirms our worst fears.
“TCI has a clear and successful business model – invest and interfere. Why would it exclude Royal Mail from that strategy?”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Campaigners fear secretive hedge fund will 'interfere'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Campaigners fear secretive hedge fund will 'interfere'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Campaigners fear secretive hedge fund will 'interfere'
Which is their right.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The London-based fund is known for being an “active” investor by getting involved in key decisions.
And, if they left everything to others, they would be negligent in protecting their investments.
Worrying though.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.