ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER blocking his way

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sp ... ed-2359868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Message scrawled on envelope said a 'massive spider web' on the garden gate was preventing access to Stuart Robertson-Reed's home

Image

For years, posties have been on their guard against vicious dogs.

But it just took a big spider to stop business analyst Stuart Robertson-Reed’s deliveries.

Instead of a cheque he was waiting for, Stuart found a note which read: “No access – massive spider web in front gate”.

Stuart, 42, said:“I couldn’t believe it. He was either spider-friendly and didn’t want to break the web or a terrified arachnophobe.”

Image

Message scrawled on envelope said a 'massive spider web' on the garden gate was preventing access to Stuart Robertson-Reed's home

For years, posties have been on their guard against vicious dogs.

But it just took a big spider to stop business analyst Stuart Robertson-Reed’s deliveries.

Instead of a cheque he was waiting for, Stuart found a note which read: “No access – massive spider web in front gate”.

Stuart, 42, said:“I couldn’t believe it. He was either spider-friendly and didn’t want to break the web or a terrified arachnophobe.”

Stuart’s spider was the size of a 10p coin and he had left by the side gate to avoid breaking the web himself.

After a night away, Stuart found his mail had finally been delivered in Clapham, South London, by a postman who added his own remark to his colleague’s note which said: “WHAT!”.

Royal Mail apologised and added: “Alternative arrangements should have been made.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Shambles »

:shock:

http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2013/1 ... -lewisham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Shambles »

It gets worse :shock: :shock:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ATE-my-leg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a nice day now... :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
capricorn
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 61
Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 17:12
Location: CHESHIRE

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by capricorn »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ATE-my-leg

Pity the surgeon can't sew as well as the spider can spin a web :Applause
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Shambles »

capricorn wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ATE-my-leg

Pity the surgeon can't sew as well as the spider can spin a web :Applause
NHS isnt what it used to be I'm afraid :shock:

I'm terrified of going in my lock- up now, imagine, flying fanged fookers :cry
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Wessex »

I think that's temporary suture work so they can re-drain the leg.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by k979aaa »

Shambles wrote:
capricorn wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ATE-my-leg

Pity the surgeon can't sew as well as the spider can spin a web :Applause
NHS isnt what it used to be I'm afraid :shock:

I'm terrified of going in my lock- up now, imagine, flying fanged fookers :cry
No you have enough of them in your office and they order you about too.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Shambles »

k979aaa wrote:
Shambles wrote:
capricorn wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ATE-my-leg

Pity the surgeon can't sew as well as the spider can spin a web :Applause
NHS isnt what it used to be I'm afraid :shock:

I'm terrified of going in my lock- up now, imagine, flying fanged fookers :cry
No you have enough of them in your office and they order you about too.
More than just orders.... :silenced
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Postman refuses to deliver letter because of a SPIDER

Post by Wessex »

Wessex wrote:I think that's temporary suture work so they can re-drain the leg.

Apparently, to allow muscles to expand.