ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MP: I will not be bullied in postal dispute

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

MP: I will not be bullied in postal dispute

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/story-1986 ... z2gOEYRigD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The union that slammed Westcountry MPs for "avoiding debate" on the future of Royal Mail has voted unanimously to picket outside their offices.

Officials of the Communication Workers Union (CWU) branded Plymouth Tory MPs Oliver Colvile and Gary Streeter as "disgraceful" for their "refusal to openly debate" the potential privatisation of Royal Mail.

But Mr Colvile replied by saying he was not "going to be intimidated or bullied by anyone".

CWU representatives claim that despite the offer of holding meetings in public, in front of postal workers and at a Conservative members meeting, neither MP had responded to the challenge.

Postal workers gathered yesterday at a mass meeting at Home Park in Plymouth, where more than 150 people working in delivery, distribution, Parcelforce, and other areas of the business spoke about direct action against the MPs.

CWU divisional representative Chris Webb said: "We're going to announce dates in the next couple of weeks and picket their workplaces and hugely embarrass them.

"They haven't been anywhere near Royal Mail and they haven't spoken to any of you. They're making decisions that will influence and change your lives."

But Mr Colvile said: "I am not going to be intimidated or bullied by anyone and I hope when they are picketing they are not going to be stopping people entering who really do need my help.

"I think that would be utterly appalling."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: MP: I will not be bullied in postal dispute

Post by Red Robbo »

Mass meeting, only 150 members turned up, that's got to be embarrassing for the Union let alone the Member of Parliament for Plymouth in favour of privatisation ??? :oops:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: MP: I will not be bullied in postal dispute

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

150 is very good - we had 20 - 25 turn up at ours last week and apparently it was better attended than Bradford.

Deliveries don't forget are smaller units than MCs and the meetings are usually off site and out of work hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: MP: I will not be bullied in postal dispute

Post by Pat Ostman »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:150 is very good - we had 20 - 25 turn up at ours last week and apparently it was better attended than Bradford.

Deliveries don't forget are smaller units than MCs and the meetings are usually off site and out of work hours.
Agreed, we had around 25-30
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one