ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
boy 8 shoots postman in the head
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
boy 8 shoots postman in the head
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Bo ... z2duN389cn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POSTMAN Steven Tuck was shot in the head by an eight-year-old boy armed with a BB gun as he delivered his mail.
The schoolboy shouted 'I'm going to shoot you' before hitting the 51-year-old in the temple with a plastic bullet fired from the weapon.
Royal Mail has launched an investigation into the shooting in Tunstall.
But Steven says Staffordshire Police have told him they cannot take any action against the boy because he is under 10.
The father-of-one, of King Street, Kidsgrove, said: "I was walking along doing my normal delivery when I saw two young boys.
"I wasn't paying much attention but then I heard one of them shout, 'I'm going to shoot you'. I looked around and the next thing I knew I had been hit. I was caught in the side of the head but I was lucky it didn't hit me in the eye because I could have been blinded.
"It hurt me. I had a lump on my head and was a bit shaken so I had to sit in my van to calm down.
"It was a massive shock. You don't expect to go to work and get shot."
Steven reported the incident to managers at Royal Mail's Burslem delivery office, the Communication Workers Union (CWU) and the police following the shooting at 10am on Saturday. He added: "When the police told me they couldn't do anything because the boy was eight I was shocked. If this boy is doing these kind of things now and he's eight years old, what is he going to be like when he's a teenager? I am so angry because nothing like this has happened to me before and it has changed me.
"I walk down the street now and I am always looking around for groups of kids. It makes me nervous."
The CWU is backing calls for deliveries to be suspended in the area.
CWU Midland Number Seven branch secretary Maxine Penkethman said: "Steve is really shaken up. The bullet narrowly missed his eye and I have raised what happened with Royal Mail's Health and Safety department.
"We hope Royal Mail will consider suspending deliveries or carrying out risk assessments from now on."
A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
Royal Mail spokesman Mike Norman added: "We are investigating the details surrounding the incident as a matter of urgency."
POSTMAN Steven Tuck was shot in the head by an eight-year-old boy armed with a BB gun as he delivered his mail.
The schoolboy shouted 'I'm going to shoot you' before hitting the 51-year-old in the temple with a plastic bullet fired from the weapon.
Royal Mail has launched an investigation into the shooting in Tunstall.
But Steven says Staffordshire Police have told him they cannot take any action against the boy because he is under 10.
The father-of-one, of King Street, Kidsgrove, said: "I was walking along doing my normal delivery when I saw two young boys.
"I wasn't paying much attention but then I heard one of them shout, 'I'm going to shoot you'. I looked around and the next thing I knew I had been hit. I was caught in the side of the head but I was lucky it didn't hit me in the eye because I could have been blinded.
"It hurt me. I had a lump on my head and was a bit shaken so I had to sit in my van to calm down.
"It was a massive shock. You don't expect to go to work and get shot."
Steven reported the incident to managers at Royal Mail's Burslem delivery office, the Communication Workers Union (CWU) and the police following the shooting at 10am on Saturday. He added: "When the police told me they couldn't do anything because the boy was eight I was shocked. If this boy is doing these kind of things now and he's eight years old, what is he going to be like when he's a teenager? I am so angry because nothing like this has happened to me before and it has changed me.
"I walk down the street now and I am always looking around for groups of kids. It makes me nervous."
The CWU is backing calls for deliveries to be suspended in the area.
CWU Midland Number Seven branch secretary Maxine Penkethman said: "Steve is really shaken up. The bullet narrowly missed his eye and I have raised what happened with Royal Mail's Health and Safety department.
"We hope Royal Mail will consider suspending deliveries or carrying out risk assessments from now on."
A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
Royal Mail spokesman Mike Norman added: "We are investigating the details surrounding the incident as a matter of urgency."
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
issue postman in this area with ak47's. and take the little c### out.
-
char1ie
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 05 Jul 2013, 20:50
- Gender: Male
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
If the postie was doing the regulation 4mph he would of been a harder target
-
capricorn
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 17:12
- Location: CHESHIRE
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
New course in evasive delivery methods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3Mxhi4Uio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder-conte ... H3sRyjlZI=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3Mxhi4Uio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder-conte ... H3sRyjlZI=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
I don't know them or know anyone who knows them, or have or will ever benefit from them in any way but... time for Simpson Millar LLP?
Let's see how much the little tyke's parents can cough up here.
Let's see how much the little tyke's parents can cough up here.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Surely You need to be 18 to own and use one of these? If thats the case He should be claiming against the boys parents as they have left Him with this unsupervised.Where theres blame......
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
If the child is under the legal age then surely responsibility lies with the parent/guardian ?A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
The police should cart this youngster off to the station with their parent/guardian for a good talking to ........
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Yeah,that's going to work.Pinky 1 wrote:If the child is under the legal age then surely responsibility lies with the parent/guardian ?A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
The police should cart this youngster off to the station with their parent/guardian for a good talking to ........
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
It is a good job it was not his eye he hit. I would have grabbed the little bugger and thrown him into next doors garden with the pit bull.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Well it did in my dayDB1100 wrote:Yeah,that's going to work.Pinky 1 wrote:If the child is under the legal age then surely responsibility lies with the parent/guardian ?A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
The police should cart this youngster off to the station with their parent/guardian for a good talking to ........
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Sadly not now mate,they wouldn't even turn up and plod couldn't be bothered,nobody has any respect for the law,where I live the kid's shout names at them and if they leave their cars unattended they throw dog sh1te on it.Thats what it has come to nowadays.Pinky 1 wrote:Well it did in my dayDB1100 wrote:Yeah,that's going to work.Pinky 1 wrote:If the child is under the legal age then surely responsibility lies with the parent/guardian ?A police spokesman said: "Police were called to reports a 51-year-old man had been shot with a BB gun while walking in Tunstall. The victim was struck in the head but did not receive medical treatment.
"The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10 years old. This means under 10s cannot be arrested or charged with a crime."
The police should cart this youngster off to the station with their parent/guardian for a good talking to ........
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
mailroyaly
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: over there
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Kids can get away with murder these days, quite literally. This country! 
-
coolasluck
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: boy 8 shoots postman in the head
Things is you cant blame the police but the government that run this country.
More police and tougher sentences and an end to remissions would be a place to start,do the crime,do the time and an end to our nanny state.
My view is that you have to look out for yourselves these days because law and order has lost all respect of the public.
No punishment fits any crime anymore.This country is an embaressment

More police and tougher sentences and an end to remissions would be a place to start,do the crime,do the time and an end to our nanny state.
My view is that you have to look out for yourselves these days because law and order has lost all respect of the public.
No punishment fits any crime anymore.This country is an embaressment