ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM Ltr

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM Ltr

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ Royal Mail letter

http://www.hamhighbroadway.co.uk/news/m ... _1_2296775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Confused dog owners are up in arms after the Royal Mail sent out ‘threatening’ letters which appear to single out their innocent pets as a danger to their local postman.

Image

The letter, with the address and contact number blacked out.
The letter, which was sent to every known dog owner in Muswell Hill, has angered and worried residents who understood the missive as a personal attack on their dogs.

The opening paragraph of the letter – which has the address of the homeowner on the top left corner – reads: “While we’ve been delivering your post, we’ve become aware of a dog which is giving us some concerns, so I wanted to take this opportunity to contact you about how we can work together, before any formal action needs to be taken.”

Dawn Miles, of Dukes Avenue, opened her letter just after she got the ashes of her Hungarian Vizsla Monty back from the vet.

“I was very distressed,” she said. “Obviously, they were not to know my dog had just died. After I got upset, I got angry. I did not understand why my dog was seen to be an issue. He was 15. He could barely get off the sofa, let alone cause anybody any trouble.

“I think what concerned me most after I had received it was that it was really threatening in its tone. The whole exercise was incredibly ill-advised and inappropriate.”

Fellow Dukes Avenue resident Margot Wilkes also received the letter – despite the fact that her border terrier Beano is too small to reach the letterbox and helps to cure nervous children of their fear of dogs. “She is exceptionally sweet-natured,” Mrs Wilkes explained. “But when I got the letter it seemed to be targeting my dog.”

Midwife Jude Bayly, of Sydney Road, who owns Tilly, a cross between a labrador and a collie, echoed her worry. “This has caused our family quite a lot of concern.”

But Royal Mail spokesman Sally Hopkins said the letter was simply sent out as part of Dog Awareness Week in an attempt to reduce the number of attacks on its staff.

She added: “If we feel that there is a risk from a dog, or any other animal, we are committed to working with the customer to agree simple steps to ensure that we can deliver the mail safely.

“There were 96 dog attacks on postmen and women in London between April 2012 and April 2013, including 14 in the north London area. The aim of the letter that Mrs Miles has received, as well as some other people in the Muswell Hill area, was an attempt to reduce the risk of any more attacks.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by Stormproof »

You thinking what I'm thinking? :hmmmm
Image
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by fishtank »

Stormproof wrote:You thinking what I'm thinking? :hmmmm
Yes.
Never mind the dog,the blonde looks hard as nails. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cyclemech1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
Gender: Male

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by cyclemech1 »

Stormproof wrote:You thinking what I'm thinking? :hmmmm
Image
"He's never done that before," :d'oh! :roll:
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by Lincox »

I reckon he must be a postman with that tan. Oops, sorry, she must be a postwoman with that tan.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by Stormproof »

Image
Last edited by Stormproof on 26 Jul 2013, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Muswell Hill dog owners up in arms over ‘threatening’ RM

Post by stokes11eg »

Stormproof wrote:You thinking what I'm thinking? :hmmmm
Image
:shock: Looks like the one on the left has already got her male-( a re-directed male?)-oops, mail! The card says
dog owners' most folks would see that as an open letter and not be offended.