ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/g ... -1-5857217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

County councillors Ellie Wilcox and Damien Greenhalgh dont accept the Royal Mails view that the paintwork on the post box on Station Road, Hadfield, is acceptable.

Glossop’s county councillors have slammed Royal Mail this week for its refusal to repaint the post box on Station Road, Hadfield.

Cllr Dave Wilcox said: “Despite repeated requests for a fresh coat of paint, the response from the postal service has been to deny there’s a problem. I can’t believe their incompetence and disinterest. It looks like it last had a coat of paint when Roland Hill invented the penny black.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Cllr Dave Wilcox said: “Despite repeated requests for a fresh coat of paint, the response from the postal service has been to deny there’s a problem. :funneh I can’t believe their incompetence and disinterest :left: . It looks like it last had a coat of paint when Roland Hill invented the penny black.”
I can.

And don't councillors have more important things to do?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
the mad woman
Posts: 178
Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37

Re: Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Post by the mad woman »

Ones I empty are far worse than that it's about time someone painted them
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Post by crazyshrew »

most of ours are much browner than that. not really an issue as long as you can sill get letters in the hole, but does go to show how little interest or pride the suit wearers really have in in the Royal Mail brand
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Councillors see red over shabby postbox on Station Road

Post by Sidley »

Isn't Hadfield where they filmed The League Of Gentlemen?

Hadfield = Royston Vasey