Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on Yorkshire round
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/fea ... -1-5841529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN has undergone plastic surgery after being badly mauled as he delivered mail to a house in West Yorkshire.
Jason Lee, 41, suffered a serious bite injury to his forearm as he approached the door of a house in Copley Avenue in Meltham, near Huddersfield, on Tuesday.
It is believed the dog ripped a chunk of flesh from Mr Lee’s forearm.
A spokesman for the Communication Workers Union said Mr Lee had raised his arm to stop the dog biting his face.
“It has bitten a large lump or flesh and muscle from his forearm, causing a large hole,” the spokesman said.
He said Mr Lee was in the care of surgeons and undergoing plastic surgery.
“Obviously he is not very well and is under sedation at Bradford Royal Infirmary. He is being visited by his family today. This is possibly a life-changing injury.”
The spokesman said the number of dog attacks on postal staff was still very concerning, despite a reduction from a high of around 6,500 a year.
“We are launching a big campaign next week which will encourage customers to be more responsible. We get a huge increase in dog attacks during the summer when doors are open and dogs are running free.”
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said officers were trying to establish the full circumstances of the incident, which occurred just after 12.15pm on Tuesday.
He said Mr Lee had yet to be spoken to.
“It is thought that a man was left with serious arm injuries as a result of the incident. Enquiries are currently continuing to establish the full circumstances.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
What's the chances that the manager will lay some of the blame on him? As per usual.
Hope he gets better, and that the surgeons do a good job.
Get well soon.
Hope he gets better, and that the surgeons do a good job.
Get well soon.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
martin the green
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
3 attacks in our office in the last week 
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
Stage one warning when he comes back from the sick. 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
When I said about a stage one warning on the poor chaps return to work I was only joking. I hope he has a stress free recovery. 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Plastic surgery for postman attacked by dog on round
You may have been joking, but there is a good chance it will happen.zola4ever wrote:When I said about a stage one warning on the poor chaps return to work I was only joking. I hope he has a stress free recovery.
RM and it's managers always look to lay the blame on someone other than the company.
The manager should cut the chance of a stress free recovery. They usually do.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.