http://www.darlingtonandstocktontimes.c ... s/10416480._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
MYSTERY surrounds the reason behind the temporary closure of a community post office.
Durham Road Post Office in the Newtown area of Stockton, which is based inside a shop, has been closed for nearly two weeks and no date has been set for its reopening.
A shop-worker said he had no idea why the post office had been closed and a spokeswoman for the Post Office said: "We are not giving a reason at this stage.”
The spokeswoman added: “We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers following the temporary closure of Durham Road Post Office branch on Thursday, May 2.
"We are committed to re-establishing a Post Office service as soon as possible and are working hard to do so.”
The nearest alternative branch is at 141, Dumbarton Avenue, Stockton.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mystery surrounds post office closure in Stockton
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Mystery surrounds post office closure in Stockton
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Mystery surrounds post office closure in Stockton
If it was suddenly closed without notice, it is usually due to financial irregularities. But we may never know.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.