ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotland

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotland

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Battle of the Post Offices as two postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotland

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... st-1859164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COMMUNITY facility in shed in Southend, Argyll, is only 8ft by 10ft – but one in Sutherland is even smaller.

Image
Margaret McDowall has set-up a Post Office in a flat-packed shed

A BATTLE has broken out over who has the smallest Post Office in Scotland.

Margaret and John McDowall set up a PO in a shed measuring just 8ft by 10ft – claiming it was Scotland’s tiniest postal outlet.

Now another sub-postmistress has revealed she is also operating from a wooden shed – measuring just 8ft by 6ft.

Yesterday, Esther Brauer, 82 said: “To have an 8ft by 10ft shed would be like a des res to me.”

Last week, Margaret and John launched their tiny office in Southend, Mull of Kintyre, Argyll. Previously, locals had to make a 50 mile round trip to post a letter.

John paid £518 for the flatpack 8ftx10ft structure, and it was built - complete with full electrics, phone line and alarm link to the police - on a paving foundation in the centre of the village.

But Esther, of Kylesku Post Office, Sutherland, claims her shed is four feet smaller.

Image
Esther Brauer at her tiny Post Office in Kylescu Esther Brauer at her tiny Post Office in Kylescu

She said: “I am not complaining. I find my shed all right. It is very cosy and has a gas heater.

“I can get at least three people in at a time. The shed is just a few steps from my house. I would love the extra room they have on Mull, but this will do me fine.”

Esther, who recently collected an award to mark 60 years with the Post Office, added: “I love my job and would not give it up as long as I am able.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by fishtank »

That's bollocks.
They both have their own premises.
My local P.O. local(see what I did there) has a filing cabinet and 2 feet of counter space at the back of a Spar...and I think they share the filing cabinet.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by clashcityrocker »

Looking forward to the World Class Sheds supplement in the Courier.
We really do make the competition look amateurish.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

This has to be the most pointless argument in the world. Who cares who has the smallest office? They way RM are going, most P.O.'s will end up in sheds, as that's all the space they'll need when the prices go up next year.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by comeracing »

they both look a decent size to me,considering there age.the sheds look a bit on the small side though. :wink:
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by Thunderthighs »

The smallest..WHAT?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 2 postmistresses claim to have the smallest one in Scotl

Post by clashcityrocker »

Thunderthighs wrote:The smallest..WHAT?
Penis - obviously.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.