http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/10374222._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
PLANS to reopen Grays Post Office in the town have been further delayed.
Cllr John Kent, leader of Thurrock Council, said he is “disappointed” plans for the future of the office, in Grays Shopping Centre, have hit problems.
He said: “It seems there are new problems over the longer-term future of the Post Office.
“We are working closely with everyone involved and make sure people are kept in the loop about what is happening.”
Grays Post Office closed on March 2 after WH Smith – who it shared a site with – moved out of the town, but it has stayed open temporarily until new leaseholders for the shop are found.
But Mr Kent said he had been told the bidders wanting to run the Post Office had pulled out.
He added: “I have been assured the present temporary arrangements will continue as long as Grays Shopping Centre allows the interim use.
“I have told officers to provide whatever support we can.
“I am committed to keeping the Post Office open in Grays.”
A Post Office spokesman said: “We would like to reassure customers we are committed to maintaining services in the Grays area. We continue to look for a permanent site for Grays Post Office.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leader unhappy as Post Office plans stall
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leader unhappy as Post Office plans stall
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.