http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/10315844._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An MP has urged people to make sure their dogs do not attack postmen after spending a day in a postie's shoes.
There have been 65 reported dog attacks on postmen in Carshalton and Wallington since 2008.
Now Tom Brake MP wants to make sure Royal Mail staff are not subjected to danger from people's pets.
He spent a day shadowing his local postman, from sorting mail and talking to staff at the depot, to going out and delivering the letters, last week.
Mr Brake said: "I have a great deal of respect for the job the local postmen and women and do.
"They play an important role in our community. This is why I wanted to gain a better understanding of their work.
"Postmen and women deserve to be able to do their job in a safe environment. Dog attacks are completely unacceptable.
"I would urge anyone who owns a dog to ensure it is kept under control so that the postmen and women are not in danger of being bitten.
"Joining the postman for a delivery round and talking about his job gave me a unique insight into the challenges of delivering mail, from dangerous dogs to poor house numbering.
"Postmen and postwomen are required to cover great distances in a short time, often in difficult weather conditions. It is a tough job, and I was just glad I could keep up!"
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dogs attack 65 postmen in Carshalton and Wallington since 08
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dogs attack 65 postmen in Carshalton and Wallington since 08
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.